On Oct 28th over 200 people came to the Tsawout community gym to share, learn and network around food, land and health.
The event was sponsored by the Saanich Adult Care Society, Feasting for Change, Vancouver Island and Coastal Communities Network and hosted in Tsawout community gym.
Over 27 exhibitors were invited and attended: The day was full of food tastings, nutrition booths, food demos and more.
Healthy Food, Healthy Families
FOOD IS MEDICINETraditional Food Demos
• Smoked Clams
• Native plant table and walk
• Medicine Plants with Anna Spahan
Health Care Info
• Dental Care and Screening
• Kidney and Heart Diseases
• Celiac, Diabetes, Diverticulosis information
Kids and Family Health
• Breast Feeding tips and how to feed your baby
• Fresh food sampling with recipes
• Exercise Expert
• Naturopath information
• Gardening and composting Information
• How to cook your favourite foods
We ate a delicious meal created by Rose Jimmy and then watched a powerful movie shared to us all by Thomas Sampson - MOVIE - Teachings of the Tree People – Bruce Miller